Carers Support & Respite
The Carer Support Service offers education, support and skills development opportunities to those caring for a person with a psychiatric illness, their families, friends, work colleagues and other service providers. Services include :
- Library Service
- Home Visits
Carers Support Counselling available
- Stress and Anxiety Management
- Crisis Counselling
- Adjustment Counselling
- Family Relations
Indirect Carer Support Services
Indirect carer support services offers opportunity for carer respite by providing centre based care of consumers and family members. This consumer program works in conjunction with the D2D centre based support programs in Busselton and Margaret River and independently in Bridgetown.
Mutual Self Help Groups
Self-Help Carer Groups are most valuable in reducing carer isolation and provide informal Care Support Networks.
The Carer Support Service offers practical information and group facilitator training for both established and new carer support groups throughout the South-West region.
Psycho-Educational Groups for Skills Development
Carer Support Group Workshops are available, including :
- Stress management and self care strategies
- Dealing with challenging behaviour
- Breaking the rural barriers of isolation and small communities
- Understanding and negotiating your way through the Mental Health System
- Wellways. Eight stage carer information program.