Lamp Mission Statement
To Promote the social, well being and dignity and personal independence of people with mental illnesses, their families and communities in the rural regions of the Lower South West of Western Australia.
To contribute to an increased understanding and acceptance of mental illness in the community.
To be part of a person’s recovery, education and inclusion for life.
As a community based NGO Lamp’s role is to: Support people with mental illness, their families, friends and carers, provide opportunity for independent living, advocacy, education and information.
The following values and principles guide the activities of lamp Inc :
- Acceptance of all culturally diverse groups
- Recognition of an individual’s right to privacy
- Upheld the rights and dignity of all people
- Promote social justice, fairness and equity
- Ensure the inclusion of people with mental illness their families, friends and carers in the decision making process of the organization
- Provide a quality service to Lamp Inc and community members
- Ensure transparency to all service areas
- Work within the principles and practices of accountability and collaboration with all stake holders and funding bodies.
The community based non-government sector will lead the way in supporting people with mental illness their families, friends and carers to ensure an inclusive quality lifestyle and recovery process.